The current standard Fitz®Mill includes many features and benefits which provide maximum process flexibility as well as mechanical features required to meet specific needs. Included is a reversible precision balanced rotor with blade configurations specified to meet the application and three standard speeds and screens to meet process requirements. All product contact parts are constructed of 316 stainless steel and the base is 304 stainless steel with legs and castors or floor flanges.
The standard Fitz®Mill design has evolved and improved in quality, functionality and design features as follows:
- The outboard bearings located on each side of the rotor allow for higher speed capability than cantilever models.
- Wide range of blade types available to suit the application.
- An auger feed system is available as well as manual pan fed version or any custom designed throat that is required to meet the application.
- The standard Fitz®Mill can be supplied or even retrofitted with Fitzpatrick's Product Containment System (PCS).
- The standard configuration is a belt driven rotor however, direct connect designs are available.
- A wide range of capacities are available from the seven models which feature this design.